ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification in UAE
The market scenario in the UAE is becoming competitive every day. To stand out from the competition, delivering quality products and creating a positive customer experience is the way to success.
Quality Certification (ISO 9001 Certificate) is one of the key solutions to achieve competitive advantage here in Dubai, UAE. Moreover, Quality Certification helps in ensuring client & customer confidence and global recognition as a quality first brand. Complying to the Global Quality Standards helps in expanding business worldwide.
ISO 9001: Quality Management System Certificate in UAE
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Certification in Dubai
The ISO 9001 Standards for Quality Management System is published by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The Standard is currently followed in 180 countries in the world as a benchmark for quality of products and services.
The ISO Standards are subjected to revision in several years since its first year of publication in 1987. The ISO 9001 Standard had the revisions in 1994, 2000, 2008 and the latest in 2015. These updates of ISO Standards has become a necessity due to the change in methods of production and technological improvements.
When an upgrade or transition of the Certification Standard is initiated by the ISO, the companies are allowed a certain period (Normally 3 years) to comply with the latest published Standard. In order to retain the ISO Certificate, each company shall comply with the requirements as per the latest publication.
KCS professional ISO Consultants conduct & attend ISO training and workshops on a regular basis. It ensures us to keep pace with the latest amendments on the ISO Standards. Our ISO Certification, Consulting, and Audit team are highly qualified in their respective fields. They easily understand the working of various industry sectors, making them easy to implement the ISO Standards.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification in UAE
The latest revision of the ISO 9001 Standard was in 2015. The revision was indispensable due to technological advancements and radical changes in the production of goods & services.
The ISO 9001:2015 certified companies give confidence to their clients or customers and it helps in promoting business globally.
The ISO 9001 Certification must be ideally initiated post the implementation of ISO complaint quality processes in the organization. Doing so will result in adding business value and growth. It helps in giving more structure and order to the organizational operations, become more professional and make quality products.
With only getting an ISO Standard certification, and not implementing and following quality practices continuously will generate no business results or increase in productivity.
The ISO 9001 Certification and implementation must be considered as a practical way to improve business operations and product/service quality. It should not be just seen as a set of procedures to follow to get the ISO 9001 certificate and not complying with the practices in the future.
ISO Implementing if done right and practiced continuously will result in:
• Improving levels of customer satisfaction
• Creating a support system for employees
• Creating an efficient working practice that improves productivity
• Enhanced product quality, reduce product returns and service complaints
• Reduce wastage, cuts down cost and process improvements
• Marketing opportunities and global recognition
• Many more…
ISO 9001 Certification is not only for a large product and service companies, but it is also beneficial for small and medium companies as well. Also, ISO 9001 Certification is not limited to any industry vertical. Based on industry verticals, there are many Standards in ISO that are the best fit for your organization.
The major changes in the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification are:
• Enabling organization, the flexibility to document its quality management system (QMS) in alignment with the organizational goals rather than following documented procedures or quality manual. (Information has to be retained and maintained for evidence. It can be of any format coming from various sources & media)
• The High-Level Structure and terminologies are revised to make it more relevant to the current organization structure and market trends
• Addition of a Risk-based approach that helps to analyze your organizational challenges in business process and rectify them
• Enables each organization to determine the correct volume of documented information needed in order to demonstrate effective planning, operation, and control of its processes.
In short, the ISO 9001:2015 Standard requires “documented quality management system” and not a “system of documents”